Parfait is a type of cold dessert much like a custard consisting of layers of cream, syrup, fruits, sugar, nuts, granola, and other ingredients. Parfait is a popular dessert in America and France and is superbly delicious. Anyone can make this dessert at home with a little patience and a few easily available ingredients.
Granola contains nuts, oats, puffed rice and is toasted and crispy. Crunchy and chewy granola would add a delightful taste to this dairy-free parfait.
In your parfait, you can add fresh fruits like strawberries, oranges, apples, or bananas. Also, you can add dry fruits like dates, currants, and raisins.
Parfait is a dessert containing multiple, nutritious ingredients and you can easily make your own version of dairy-free, sumptuous parfait at home.
You can make this delicious, dairy-free hazelnut granola parfait using the following ingredients:
- Regular, rolled oats- 3 and 1/2 cups
- Vanilla extract- half tablespoon [optional]
- Hazelnuts- [toasted, chopped, skins removed]- 1 cup
- Wheat bran- half cup
- Ground cinnamon- half teaspoon
- Salt- half teaspoon
- Chopped dry fruits [raisins, cranberries, etc.]- 1 cup
- Chopped fresh fruits of your choice- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Vegetable oil- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- half cup
- A big, baking sheet should be lined with parchment paper. The oven should be preheated to 300F.
- Combine oats and hazelnuts in a big bowl.
- Mix sugar, oil, salt, and vanilla in a pan. Heat this mixture over medium flame till it is smooth.
- Pour this prepared mixture over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir to mix all evenly.
- Spread out the granola on the baking sheet evenly to form a layer.
- Bake for twenty minutes. Remove this from the oven and flip over to cook the other side of the granola. Bake for 15 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Take this out and cool it.
- Crush the granola mix roughly in a bowl. Add chopped dry fruits to this. Stir to mix well.
- Take a few parfait glasses. In each of the glasses. In each of the glasses, layer with three tablespoons of any dairy-free yoghurt and half cup granola mix in alternate layers.
- Garnish with fresh fruit slices such as oranges, cranberries, or strawberries. You can also add small chocolate chips on top.
Dairy-free yoghurt of various flavours are easily available in stores. You can also make your own dairy-free yoghurt at home from non-dairy milk like almond milk or coconut milk.